How 'bout some links?
- I haven't really researched vaccine choices since my 12yo was born. I've heard about reactions, especially autistic ones. I read this amazing and terrifying story on The Guggie Daily this week I'd like to share with you: Where Vaccine Doubt Persists.
- You like to buy local? What about when you go fast food? Do you go to big chain restaurants? Do you ever think about where your money goes? This week a friend shared this link about breaking the chains. It is published in a local magazine here in Oklahoma (not even in my town), but applies everywhere! Support your local community! Buy local!
- Also from The Guggie Daily, I really appreciated Confessions of a Circumcised Man as well. It is an amazing and touching article written by a victim of this genital mutilation. The lead-in is amazing as well. As I prepare myself for a possible argument for our child, I am gathering links like this one to share with my husband who is currently pro-circ.
- A friend suggested Jicama to me as a low-carb wonderfully versatile veggie. I have never had it... honestly wasn't sure what it looked like. Once she described it, I did pick one up at the local Super Store. I have yet to try it, though. You can eat it raw or cooked and there are lots of recipes. In fact, just looking on flickr for photos I saw lots more options! Have you tried jicama? In what dish? Here is one good page about it, including some sample recipes.
- During one of many late-night Natural Parents Network volunteer team chats, my friend Amanda shared a link to The Whole Network. This looks to be an amazing anti-circumcision resource! Again, a good link to keep for that possible impending argument. Should we be having a boy, I intend to win!
- Speaking of winning, this is the last week to enter to win a pStyle on my blog! Read the review and enter the giveaway here. This is a low entry giveaway so far, so your chances of winning one of two pStyles are great!
- CNN Opinion published what turned out to be a fairly controversial piece on how fathers should wake the hell up! I was amazed at some of the negative comments men were leaving! I signed up for the site just so I could post supporting the article. I will say, however, that I am a very lucky woman. I may write an entire post about the 10 commandments of righteous fatherhood later, but suffice to say... my husband is wonderful and I appreciate him every day. If you missed it, check out the article.
I hope you enjoyed this week's list. I did! Oh, and I did also manage to salvage some Fathers Day for hubby by taking him out to a nice lunch and to purchase a gift.
Have a great week! And remember to appreciate good dads every day!