- I've seen lots of posts from crunchy types post about gender stereotypes. We're all supportive of boys having their own selection of the entire color spectrum. We support a parent's right to choose asexual (or more correctly: gender-free) names. This latest story, though... I just don't know. Go read Parents keep child’s gender under wraps on Yahoo! News. Then please come back and tell me what you think. I believe in standing up and telling the world your beliefs on such topics... but I'm not sure how I feel about putting your child's psyche at risk for the effort... what do you think?
- Just for fun and fascination, check out these Perfectly timed photos! You'll be so impressed with the first few you see, but by the time you get to the bottom, the first will have been left in the dust! Awesome stuff! Oh, but if you're easily offended... skip it.
- Speaking of crunchy parents, Amanda from Let’s Take the Metro recently wrote an amusing guest post about How to Become Crunchy. It is a quick read, so go check it out for a chuckle. Amanda is a hoot!
- Sometimes late at night, when I'm waiting for Sasha to nurse to sleep in my lap, I Stumble through the net. One of my categories is Atheist / Agnostic. The other night I stumbled upon Wikipedia's page on Atheist's Wager. It was quite interesting. If you're set in your faith and not into reading such things, please skip it. If you're curious, though, enjoy! It, too, is a short read. I hadn't actually heard of Blaise Pascal's Wager, so it was all new to me.
- My husband and I have already opened an argument about circumcision. My main argument (though he knows I'm against it) was that we not bother arguing until (and if) the situation arises to deem such a discussion necessary. I really appreciated this link today, though. It is written by a doctor! You don't find a lot of intactivist doctor articles. I will refer back to this one should the need arise, but my husband also saw it on my screen today. End genital mutilation now by Dr. James Page, MD.
Have a great week!