- I am so appreciative of my mother linking me up with the local Farmer's Market site where they do orders and monthly pick-ups through the off-season! I placed my first order and will pick up next week! You may be able to find your own local Farmer's Market through the parent site.
- From my bloggy friend Tara Wagner (The Organic Sister), in her recent Inspiration Monday post, If You’re Not Happy Here, You Won’t Be Happy There which really serves to reinforce my current philosophy that you can't put off your dreams until the end of your life. Also, if you're not happy with the journey, you won't be happy when you arrive, either. We must be happy with what we have and what we are in order to get to where and how we want to be.
- Within that last link (does that make this cheating?), Hillary offered some Getting Happy Now Tools. Among them was a cool site you could use for Daily Gratitude Lists. The site is called 280daily. The idea of the site is to sum up your day in 280 characters. I know my journal entries are often lists of what I did in a day or what stood out to me in a day. 280daily offers that you could use it for a journal, traveling, business, sports (track your progress toward a marathon), food diary, target progress, backwards to-do list. I'm sure the possibilities are endless. I rather like the format, but honestly I don't need ANOTHER site to record my personal stuff. I have my online journal, my Facebook, and this blog. That is divided up enough! Still... cool idea. It counts down your characters as you go... that kind of makes me want to try it anyway.
- Doctor Gets Court Order to Confine Pregnant Woman Against Her Will. Did you catch that?? Read it again: Doctor Gets Court Order to Confine Pregnant Woman Against Her Will. This is insane and the article will piss you off. Still, worth reading. Very scary stuff. Even scarier than all the TSA horror stories, if you ask me. I generally avoid the comment section of news stuff, though.
- A friend shared this article about Daniel Kish on Facebook. He is The Blind Man Who Taught Himself To See. It is an AMAZING story and you probably can't guess how unless you're already familiar with his work. It is a really long story (5 pages), but I was fascinated all the way through. If you're not up for 5 pages of reading, you can get most of the message and the base story out of the first page. Again, Ah-Maze-Ing! Some positive to counter-balance that last horrible story I shared with you above.
- While I don't participate in the monthly families create carnival, I can certainly appreciate art. I've shared a few art-related links with you. Here is another cool one: Recycled Cassette Tape Portraits. Erika Iris Simmons, a talented self-taught artist, creates amazing portraits of famous musicians out of recycled audio cassette tapes.
- And finally, I wanted to share a deal with you I found on Money Saving Queen. I'm subscribed, but only see deals for ME once in a while. However, if your family loves Sesame Street (and, more specifically, Elmo) like we do (it is Daddy's nickname, after all), you will want to find out how to get 3 FREE Personalized Kids Songs by Elmo!
Quite a variation, but that seems to be my style. Besides, you just never know what sites are going to cross your path!