Welcome to the Simply Living Blog Carnival cohosted by Mandy at Living Peacefully with Children, Laura at Authentic Parenting, Jennifer at True Confessions of a Real Mommy, and Joella at Fine and Fair. Continue your reading read on at the bottom of this post by clicking the links to the other participants' posts.
I like to think of my minimalist lifestyle like Fight Club, I don't let my stuff own me. I have certainly gotten rid of a few things I regretted (several by accident), but I've also learned the hard lesson that "stuff" doesn't have to be special. I can hold on to the special memories without holding onto the items.
I used to have so much stuff. Now I'm starting into some focus on cooking and gardening (and composting!), getting back to the simple basics. I want to provide healthy food for my family and I want to be good at getting it from the dirt to the table.
I don't do New Year's Resolutions, but these have been my goals for some time now. I was just waiting for this last move. Now I have a full kitchen and feel like I have the space to do the simple things I want to do. I have a gardening mentor helping me plan out a container garden, too.
Now what's this homesteader stuff about... me thinks I'd like to strive in that general direction of self sufficiency.
How do you keep it simple?
Thank you for visiting the Simply Living Blog Carnival cohosted by Mandy at Living Peacefully with Children, Laura at Authentic Parenting, Jennifer at True Confessions of a Real Mommy, and Joella at Fine and Fair. Continue your reading by clicking the links of this month's posts on what simple living means to our participants. We hope you will join us next month, as we discuss new beginnings!
- The Moments In Between - Amber from Heart Wanderings takes her yoga practice off the mat to focus on the ordinary moments which make mothering magical.
- Simple living - what it looks like to me - Does simple living mean we have to be selfish? And what does selfish mean anyway? Mrs Green from Little Green Blog ponders in search of a more simple life...
- A Simple Life is a Peaceful Life, For Me - Destany at They Are All of Me writes how simplicity is a very necessary part of her daily function and crucial for coping with Adult Attention Deficit Disorder.
- Getting Back to the Basics - Minimalism was the first step toward living simply for Momma Jorje. Now she's got big plans on getting back to the basics of living in order to live a simple, healthy, family-focused lifestyle.
- Simplicity - What living simply means to sustainablemum and how it is woven into the fabric of daily life.
- Simply Living - Sophelia of Sophelia's Adventures in Japan writes about her reluctance to tighten her budget after years of living in poverty, but also her anticipation of the pleasures of simplifying her daily life as she and her husband prepare to adopt a child in Japan.
- The Simple Life: A Work in Progress - Joella at Fine and Fair ponders her idealized vision of simple living and discusses the steps she's taking to get closer to it.
- Simple Living is Simply Living - At Living Peacefully with Children, Bart and Mandy hope to help their children focus on what is truly important by simply living.
- Happiness, not Greatness - Lauren at Hobo Mama discovered that ambitions got in the way of simply being.
- Shifting to Simplicity - At Authentic Parenting, Laura shares a couple of ways in which she tries to simplify her life.