I am feeling pretty darn good about my hippie rank these days.
- I don't purchase paper towels, though I do use napkins we get from occasional fast food - to sop up bacon grease.
- We only use TP when we run out of Family Cloth, and I have making more on my to do list. The fabric is in the closet.
- We now live in a place that has free recycling, without even sorting! So I recycle a LOT. I'm recycling more than I ever have.
- Now that we have a full kitchen, I'm cooking more meals. Less fast food is good for us and good for our budget.
- I'm looking into starting a compost bin and a container garden - exciting green stuff right there!
So as green as I'm feeling... I know there are places I'm not so green. Reducing is better than recycling, right? I still use some products that are frowned upon - like NesQuik. We're addicted. Sorry. My husband drinks Koolaid. I felt it was a better choice than Mt. Dew, so sue me.
Life is a journey of forever trying to improve ourselves, is it not? I feel like if we stop trying to improve... I don't know what. We get stagnant? We wither and die?
Please take some time to enjoy the posts our other carnival participants have contributed: